1-1-1: Stop Leaving All that Money on the Proverbial Table from Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign
1 lesson from me
In another one of my on-demand classes called, "Planning Your Year-End Giving Strategy," I share 10 must-do's for your year-end campaign. They include:
- Use donor-centric language
- Tell the story of one versus many
- Apply philanthropic psychology
- Clear, simple, human messaging
- Convey urgent unmet needs
- Segment and personalize
- Use compelling photos and video
- Leverage multiple channels
- Schedule a drip campaign
- Make it easy for people to give
I also include five advanced strategies you can use right now to increase your year-end giving.
In my new on-demand class, "Stop Leaving All that Money on the Proverbial Table from Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign," that I created for Growth members in my Fundraising Transformers community, I introduce a key strategic "sixth" advanced strategy called an "Involvement Device."
An involvement device is where you create an opportunity for your donor to engage with your organization and/or beneficiary of their contribution via a reply. If you haven't used an involvement device to connect with your donors on a deeper and more engaged level, do give this powerful fundraising strategy a go.
In this new on-demand class, I also provide a load of examples of anchoring, segmented gift strings along with a table of recommended ask strings, general and monthly giving impact statements, booster statements, involvement devices, and match gifts.
And I give you real-life examples of effective messaging for a new donor acquisition appeal, current and recently lapsed donor renewal appeal, asking for and additional gift from a monthly donor, and an amazing gift catalog.
In my on-demand class called, "Planning your year-end giving strategy," I breakdown all the things related to helping you create a successful year-end campaign. Including:
- Assessing your donor data, to identify your ideal year-end campaign donor segments
- Determining the preferred channels for ideal donor segments based on demographic research
- Establishing data-informed giving levels and compelling impact statements
- Understanding the concepts of psychological anchoring and donor-centric language
- Taking your storytelling skills to the next level
- Identifying sources for a year-end challenge or match gift
And I share real-life examples, helpful tools and templates to help you create a successful year-end campaign include: a) a copywriting checklist, b) a list of interview questions to help you create compelling donor stories, and c) an "ask strings" chart.
PLUS when you become a Growth member in my community of fundraisers like you, not only will you get immediate access to the entire 60-minute classes, "Stop Leaving All that Money on the Proverbial Table from Your Year-End Fundraising Campaign" and "Planning your year-end giving strategy," you'll also get instant access to the following year-end fundraising on-demand classes:
- Three Ways to Increase Year-End Giving
- Top 3 Strategies for Year-End Fundraising Success
- Creating Multichannel Year-End Campaign Success
PLUS you'll get immediate access to over 100 more online fundraising classes at no additional cost.
1 quote from someone else
"If you need to raise funds from donors, you need to: make it obvious, keep it plain, and make it corny."
– Jeff Brooks, Author of The Fundraiser's Guide to Irresistible Communications
1 question for you
As you know, we believe that a high tide raises all boats. (a nod to U.S. President J.F.K.)
To help other fundraising pros who want to achieve greater end-of-year results, what is an example of an involvement device that you've used, or are planning to use, in your year-end fundraising campaign?
To share your answer or thoughts, reply to this email or tweet me @tammyzonker.
Keep transforming your fundraising,
Fundraising Strategist, Keynote Speaker, & Certified AFP Master Trainer
Recognized as one of America's Top 20 Fundraising Experts
Creator of the Fundraising Transformers Community
p.s. You might also find helpful The Fundraiser's Guide to Irresistible Communications.
p.p.s. If you find this lesson helpful, please forward this email to someone else you know who may benefit.
Did someone forward this email to you? You can subscribe here.