R. Trent Thompson
Principal/Brand & Marketing Strategist
Trent is a rare combination of strategist, creative, and marketer. Using research, facts, and data, he blends expertise with innovation to empower nonprofit brands to realize their full potential.
When not rebranding nonprofits, building innovative campaigns or speaking at industry conferences, you can find Trent sharing snackable brand and marketing insights on his BADASSFORGOOD podcast.
- Expert on redefining, strengthening, and unifying the nonprofit brand, voice, messaging, and donor experience across all touchpoints of the brand
- Highly successful in building integrated, omnichannel communications and fundraising campaigns that increase mission visibility, build a strong public voice, extend consumer reach, creatively engage next-generation philanthropists, improve stakeholder communications, and increase annual revenue
- Fundraising Success Magazine 2014 Gold Award Winner for Campaign of the Year and Multichannel Campaign of the Year, in collaboration with his partner Tammy Zonker
- Expert in creating media strategies to increase brand visibility and position nonprofits as the leading authority within their niche
- Recognized for his ability to articulate marketing direction to many levels within an organization to drive consensus and influence cross-functional adoption of marketing and brand initiatives
- Highly successful in linking marketing strategy and results directly to organizational growth objectives and financial goals
- Has worked with many amazing organizations including American Red Cross, Open Hearts Open Minds, Iams, Girl Scouts, Lincoln Financial Group, United Way, LexisNexis, The Children’s Center, DePuy, Stryker, Team Joseph, Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Contributing writer for The Chronicle of Philanthropy and npENGAGE